When the "Honeymoon" phase is over...
The fairy tales make it all seem so easy. Finances, sex, work, family, and every other issue that can amplify our differences and weaknesses, do. This is so hard sometimes! But God, by his great love for us in Jesus, is the One who loves our marriages and champions our vows. Sometimes pastoral and/or professional counseling is needed. These services may help you as a couple, or alone, and may support you and show you God’s grace and truth for your marriage.
There are many good books out there help you see new possibilities for your marriage.
- “Fighting For Your Marriage” by Howard J. Markman and Scott M. Stanley
- “Five Love Languages” by Gary Chapman
- “Love and Respect” by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs
- “Resolving Everyday Conflict” by Ken Sande and Kevin Johnson
- “The Love Dare” by Kendrick
- “Gospel Centered Marriage” by Tim Chester
Relationships are always a struggle. There is heart ache and fighting that always happen, but yet there can be good times as well. Sometimes we need help to get the relationship back to where it is suppose to be. Sometimes pastoral or professional help is necessary to help get your family back on track. There are many counselors available, but remember that God needs to be the focus of any relationship. If you're ready to begin the reconciliation process, please contact us.